Based on the award-winning 10-million-plus-hit blog 1000awesomethings.com, The Book of Awesome is a high five for humanity and a big celebration of life’s little moments:
• Popping Bubble Wrap
• Wearing underwear just out of the dryer
• Fixing electronics by smacking them
• Getting called up to the dinner buffet first at a wedding
• Watching The Price Is Right when you’re home sick
• Hitting a bunch of green lights in a row
• Waking up and realizing it’s Saturday
Sometimes it’s easy to forget the things that make us smile. With a 24/7 news cycle reporting that the polar ice caps are melting, hurricanes are swirling in the seas, wars are heating up around the world, and the job market is in a deep freeze, it’s tempting to feel that the world is falling apart. But awesome things are all around us-sometimes we just need someone to point them out.
The Book of Awesome is, for lack of a better word, awesome. A collection of ideas of things that are awesome, each heading is followed by a small description of exactly why that thing is awesome. My favourite? Illegal naps! There’s nothing better than taking a nap when you know you probably shouldn’t, but it feels so good anyway.
The anecdotes are quite humerous, or touching, and some just make you shake your head smiling, knowing that yes indeed, that thing is certainly awesome (laughing so hard it’s silent, anyone? Yea, it’s awesome). Some are things I never even thought about, but once it’s put into print you realize that it certainly is pretty awesome – like high fiving babies, or the moment at a concert before the band comes on stage.
This book doesn’t need to be read in one sitting, or even in order! Start in the middle, or the back. Read a few at a time, all at once, when you need a pick-me-up, or just because. Everyone deserves to have a little something awesome in their lives, and this book delivers it!
I’m giving away one copy of The Book of Awesome, because everyone needs a little something awesome.
- open to Canada and US only
- comment to be entered, with one thing you find awesome!
- for an extra entry, spread the word and leave me a link
- contest closes at 11:59pm EST on January 4, 2011