I have decided that I need to ban myself from buying books, so the month of September is as good a time as any – especially since it starts tomorrow! I mentioned my ban on twitter, and the lovely Colleen over at Lavender Lines directed me to Bella @ A Girl Reads a Book who is hosting a book buying ban for September. Perfect timing!
Here are my personal rules:
1. Absolutely no buying a book for any reason (besides my school text books. They don’t count).
2. Absolutely no requesting a book off of NetGalley. I already have two to read.
3. Absolutely no borrowing books (library/friends/etc.)
4. I’m only allowed to enter 4 giveaways (one for each week of September). I must choose wisely!
5. If, by September 28th, I have read ten books from my TBR pile, I will allow myself to buy the book being released that day that I desperately want.
6. If, by the end of September, I still have no significant dent in my pile, my ban will extend to October (*gulp*)
Hopefully this ban works out in my favour, and I’ll keep you all updated through a sidebar widget and Sunday posts 🙂