Happy New Year everyone! 2011 was a great year, but here’s to hoping 2012 is even better. It looks like it’s going to be a wonderful book year, that’s for sure! 2011 had some amazing books, it was hard to choose my top 5. Out of 54 books read this year, I had 12 five heart ratings. Apparently I was pickier this year 😛 Out of those 12, here are my five favourite:
5. Invincible Summer by Hannah Moskowitz – loved this contemporary so much. Wonderful writing, great detail and amazing concept.
4. Delirium by Lauren Oliver – very interesting take on a dystopian world where love is a disease. I was enthralled from beginning to end.
3. Across the Universe by Beth Revis – such an amazing sci-fi. I loved the detail, twists and turns of the plot, and of course the characters!
2. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi – beautiful, simply beautiful. I adore the writing in this book, it’s so lyrical and descriptive.
1. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor – blew me away! This book was so much more than I was expecting. Beautiful, haunting and gripping. Loved it.
Dead of Night by Jonathon Maberry – best zombie book I’ve read in a while. Great concept, non-stop action and memorable characters.