Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. The topic this week is the top ten books you would want with you on a deserted island. Be warned, I’m definitely going to be cheating a bit. Join in at this post.
1. The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling – I could read Harry over and over so it’s a perfect set of books to have with me.
2. The Giver by Lois Lowry – one of my favourite books, I would definitely need to have this one (and maybe even its three sequels).
3. Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson – another favourite, I’m able to read this book many times and not get bored. It would definitely help pass the time.
5. Every Day by David Levithan – this book blew me away. I would like nothing more than to read it a few more times.
6. The Second Son by Charles Sailor – I don’t really know why I love this book so much, but I do. I would need to have it with me and finally have time to re-read it properly (sometimes I just skim to the intense parts, haha).
7. Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind – I have yet to read this final books in the series, so having it all with me would give me the opportunity to re-read the series and finally get those last two books read.
8. Ashfall and Ashen Winter by Mike Mullin – first one would kind of help with some survival issues, since the main characters need to survive in a volcano stricken world. And being on a deserted island would give me plenty of time to read the sequel!
9. Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton – with 22 books in the series, I would have a lot of reading to keep me busy. I told you I was going to cheat.
10. Worst Case Scenario Survival Handbook – have to have at least one book to help me stay alive, I guess. Figured this one might help a bit, and be entertaining.
I’ve noticed that I assume being on a deserted island would give me more time to read. I’m sensing that’s something I feel I need.