Escape Through the Pages gave to me…
…a hardcover copy of The Fault in Our Stars by John Green!
Diagnosed with Stage IV thyroid cancer at 13, Hazel was prepared to die until, at 14, a medical miracle shrunk the tumours in her lungs… for now.
Two years post-miracle, sixteen-year-old Hazel is post-everything else, too; post-high school, post-friends and post-normalcy. And even though she could live for a long time (whatever that means), Hazel lives tethered to an oxygen tank, the tumours tenuously kept at bay with a constant chemical assault.
Enter Augustus Waters. A match made at cancer kid support group, Augustus is gorgeous, in remission, and shockingly to her, interested in Hazel. Being with Augustus is both an unexpected destination and a long-needed journey, pushing Hazel to re-examine how sickness and health, life and death, will define her and the legacy that everyone leaves behind.
– must be 13 years of age or older to enter
– open to CA/US only
– ends at 11:59pm EST on January 7, 2012
– leave a comment with your favourite holiday treat and an e-mail address to enter
– tweet for one extra entry! Leave the link in your comment
– multiple entries will be disqualified