I make goals and always seem to forget about them a few months into the year, so I’m going to keep mine fairly simple and straightforward (and not 10. That was too many).
1. Reach my goal of reading at least 60 books by December 31, 2013. I made this goal last year and beat it by 2 books – I want to do better this year, so while my goal is 60, I’m striving for 70 or more.
2. Read at least two purchased books a month. My TBR pile is about an even mix of review and purchased books, and the purchased ones get the back burner all the time. Not any more!
3. Finish my Teachable Moments for the touchstone books and then write and post Teachable Moments for the other children’s books I love to use in the classroom (like The Giving Tree and Harold and the Purple Crayon).
4. Complete the Debut Author Challenge 2013. I failed last year, reading only 9 debuts (though I have five others on my shelves). Not this year. Debuts are a priority!
5. Finish all my review e-books. There’s a reason I don’t usually accept e-books, and this is why. They get forgotten amongst all the physical books and then I feel guilty. So I’m aiming to get the 6 or so e-books I accepted for review read and reviews posted hopefully by the summer.
6. Reread a book or series! I need to unwind sometimes and visit old friends. I’m thinking the Song of the Lioness quartet, A Wrinkle in Time and The Second Son. Just lose myself in the familiar for a bit, probably if I find myself in a reading slump.
7. And because I just bought Storm Front by Jim Butcher on audiobook and am LOVING it (not least because it’s narrated by James Marsters. Though that is the reason I purchased it), I aim to read as much of the Dresden Files series as I can. Hopefully most on audiobook.