Welcome to my challenge for Bout of Books 6.0! One of my favourite discoveries to come out of blogging has to be the book spine poem. If you’ve yet to hear of them, the concept is simple – using books you have on hand, create a poem out of their titles. There is no theme and no set number of books to use, just whatever poem pops into your head and however many books you need to create it. I’ve done an example for you below:
There is one rule, though. You CAN use extra words, but only as many words as you have books. So if you use 8 books like I did, you can use up to 8 extra words (I only used 6). If you used 10 books, you get 10 extra words. If you decide to create a poem, you will be entered into a giveaway for a book(s) of choice up to 15$ Canadian from The Book Depository! The giveaway is international, ONLY for Bout of Books 6.0 participants.
– must be signed up for Bout of Books 6.0
– must be 13 years or older to enter
– ends tonight January 10th at 11:59pm CST (1am EST). That’s only 24 hours!
– number of extra words is = to number of books used
– leave a link to your poem in the comments! Picture can be uploaded to your blog, facebook, twitter, etc. Wherever you’re updating for Bout of Books 🙂
Hope you have fun and I can’t wait to read your book spine poems!