1. Made up worlds – I’m thinking high fantasy here, maps necessary and included. I’d love to see more completely new worlds in YA fantasy novels. They’re so much fun to explore.
2. How about more underwater books? Like Kat Falls Dark Life. Or even a world like in the movie Waterworld where land is scarce due to rising seas.
3. Space! I love a good sci-fi, with characters either living on colony worlds or generation ships. Or the moon. I’m not picky.
4. Of course, more Hogwarts and the wizarding world. A return to Harry’s world would be amazing, whether through books about his kids or prequels about the Mauraders.
5. Deserts or jungles. The setting in Origin by Jessica Khoury was refreshingly new to me, and I enjoyed it immensely. I think it’s be neat to see books set in these two vastly different areas of the world.
6. Greece or Egypt would be nice to see more of. Words could really help bring the beautiful visuals to life.
7. I don’t know if it’s really a place, but a huge snowstorm or an area with lots of snow and harsh weather. That’s what I’m looking at outside my window right now and so much could be down with that.
8. The mountains would be a great setting. I can see the mountains offering new challenges for the main characters.
9. A tropical island, deserted optional. Maybe a character is on the run, or stranded. Could be fairly interesting!
10. Australia. My best friend lives there, and it’s always neat to read about places you have seen, or might see.