Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is the top ten authors on our auto-buy list! I’m keeping this ten to mostly current YA writers. Feel free to join in at this post.
1. Lauren Oliver – Before I Fall blew me away. She joined my auto-buy list right after her first book, and hasn’t let me down. Great characters and writing full of emotion make her books amazing.
2. Maggie Stiefvater – Maggie’s books are always so unique and beautiful. Great concepts and world-building make me want to vacation in her stories.
3. Hannah Moskowitz – I picked up Break on a whim and was immediately looking for a second Hannah book when I finished it. Hannah’s writing style is absolutely wonderful. It just grabs you and will not let go until you’ve joined her characters for their full emotional rollercoaster of a story.
4. Sarah Rees Brennan – Oh my God the humour Sarah writes into her stories (even when at their base they are not a humour book, and it still works for the plot and situation) always has me eagerly anticipating a new one.
5. Julie Kagawa – really enjoyed her Iron Fey series and am loving The Immortal Rules series, so she is definitely on my auto-buy list. Such good story-telling and world-building.
6. Beth Revis – loved, loved, loved the Across the Universe series, so I will be definitely be buying anything else she writes.
7. David Levithan – I have loved everything I’ve red by him so far, so will be eagerly anticipating any new books coming our way.
8. John Green – Slowly working my way through his back list, starting with the newest first. I’m fully in love with what I’ve read so far and can only imagine what will come in the future.
9. Jonathan Maberry – Kind of cheating, since he writes both YA and non-YA. I devour his books and can’t get enough of them. Like John Green, I’m slowly making my way through his back list.
10. J. K. Rowling – Given. It may never again be Harry Potter, but she wrote Harry Potter, and so I will buy and read anything else she writes for us.