Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is the top ten books you just HAD to buy, but that are still sitting on your shelves unread. We all have them – and I have a huge list of them. Join in at this post.
1. Hit List by Laurell K. Hamilton – book 20 in the Anita Blake series, and since I’ve read all the others I rushed out to buy this one. And have yet to read it. A new one is due out soon, too, I think. I’ll have two to read! (and can I just say, the new covers are awful)
2. Dark Inside by Jeyn Roberts – this book sounds so good, and just like something I would love. I just haven’t gotten to it yet, unfortunately.
3. Divergent by Veronica Roth – I know, I know. I’m awful. I’ve been meaning to read it, I really have! And so, this is the first book to go on my “to read before BEA list.”
4. Forgotten by Cat Patrick – all Cat Patrick’s books sound really good, but like all books I buy myself this one has been sitting neglected while I read review books.
5. Huntress by Malinda Lo – I loved Ash and knew I had to read this second book. I’m still waiting for a good time to pick it up, though.
6. The Floating Islands by Rachel Neumeier – a case of cover love and great sounding synopsis led me to immediately buy this one. And now that I read the back again, I should really move this one up the TBR pile.
7. Crossing Over by A. J. Kendall – similar story to number 6 on this list. I think I need a month where I read nothing but the books I’ve bought for myself.
8. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White – I’m really behind the times on this one, even though I bought it when it was first released. I’ll read it someday!
9. Omnitopia Dawn by Diane Duane – I love her Young Wizards series and just HAD to have this one as soon as I saw it in the store. And yet here it sits still.
10. The Gone Series by Michael Grant – I’ve read Gone (in fact, it was my first ever review on this blog) and loved it. I just haven’t managed to finish the series, though I keep buying the sequels because I WILL read them. Now I’m just waiting for the series to be finished.