Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week the topic is words or topics that make you want to pick up a book to buy/borrow. It was fun wracking my brain to come up with ten! You can join in at this post.
1. Maps! Ok, not technically a word or topic, but fantasy books with maps always drag me in.
2. Zombies. Especially the past year or so. I just can’t seem to help myself.
3. Dystopia is a big draw for me. I love the possibilities dystopian books represent – so much to be explored!
4. Post-apocalypse is pretty even with dystopia for me. Give me the end of the world any day! But please leave some hope in there at the end – that’s the best part.
5. Space. Books in space have vast potential to explore brave new…ok, you know what I mean. Ones on colony ships are even more intriguing to me!
6. Mythology/ancient civilizations. I was a history major in my BA, but before that I wanted to be an Egyptologist, or something very similar. I absolutely am fascinated with the history of the ancient world and especially their religious systems and mythology (I even did a whole final paper on a brief history of the Roman conversion to Catholicism).
7. Reincarnation is a personal belief of mine, so any time I see a fiction book touch on this subject I’m immediately interested.
8. Time Travel! It usually makes my head hurt but when it’s done right I love it anyway. It can make my brain hurt any day.
9. Magic, but more in a high fantasy (with maps!) kind of way than an urban fantasy kind of way. The more unknown it is the better.
10. Hannah Moskowitz. While not strictly a word or topic, I will buy anything Hannah writes.